Monday 1 October 2012

Nocturne in bondage gear

Music theatre Mondays will be a bit late this week, I'm afraid! I'm behind on an essay (eep) and have another to write for Thursday, so my writing schedule is currently on mission "don't flunk out of school." Regular posting will resume shortly!

I do have an item of interest however. You are familiar with the concept of fanmixes? Basically the idea is, a fan of a person/book/movie/TV show/insert narrative here will compile a list of songs they feel fit the tone of their subject, put a front and back cover together, and post it for the general entertainment of other fans. It's not just a fannish thing, either- I haven't read Carrie Vaughn's Kitty books in a few years, but she used to print her writing playlist in the front of every novel. What I hadn't realized is that this process could become . . . monetized.



Is this something you can actually get paid for? Shit son, I'm sending my writing playlist to ATV. I'm gonna get RICH!

No comments:

Post a Comment